The March for Science will take place April 22, 2017 in Washington, D.C., St. Paul, MN, and elsewhere. This march is not for just Democrats or Republicans. Instead, it is a non-political march designed to highlight the importance of science and of decisions based on sound science.
I march because I support science:
- Photographs (and the selfie) define us and who we are.
- Cell phones and digital cameras capture memories as they happen.
- Without photography, we would be left with only a few very expensive paintings.
- Dyes, pigments, and other materials last for generations.
- Printing allows the rapid dissemination of ideas.
- Driver’s licences, IDs, and passports establish identity.
- Medical imaging saves lives.
I have worked in medical imaging, consumer photography, and security printing. In these fields, different technologies come together to create products that would be impossible without science.
I march because I support science, and science supports me.