Scientists have figured out how to implant false memories directly into the brain. With that, here are the top 10 false memories I would like, starting with a simple request.
- The Vikings 2012 playoff victory over the Green Bay Packers.
- George Bush’s defeat in the 2004 presidential election.
- Congress regulating the banking system to prevent another collapse after the 2008 financial crisis.
- Political reform in China following the 1989 Tiananmen Square massacre.
- A tax system that doesn’t reward the wealthy at the expense of everyone else.
- The Supreme Court decision for the FEC in the Citizens United case that legalized unlimited political contributions.
- The U.S. addressing climate change, instead of just talking about it (except in Florida).
- Health care that is not more expensive and less effective than any other industrialized country.
- CEO pay that reflects executive contribution to business performance.
- Winning the lottery!
Number ten may actually happen. The rest are less likely.