In an effort to remove the immediacy of digital photography, Nevercenter Ltd. has introduced a new 1-Hour Photo app that makes you wait for one hour prior to viewing your photos. This app has the added advantage in that it shuts off the front-facing camera and removes all traces of color from your photos, converting them to black and white. In an effort to support this app, here are the top 10 features:
- Out of focus pictures. Enjoy the blur.
- Poorly exposed photos. Photos that are too dark or too light are yours forever.
- Cropped photos. Do you really need to include everyone’s head?
- Missed moments. No need to know whether you really captured the moment or not.
- Photo bombs. Never know who is in your photo and what they are doing.
- More shots of your thumb holding the camera.
- No selfies. Really, no selfies.
- No more colorful flowers or brilliant sunsets.
- Actually, any color you want so long as it is black.
- Finally, enjoy the wait. Explain to kids what photography used to be like.
In order to fully recreate the film experience, I am submitting my request for the double Christmas app that won’t allow you to view your photos until at least two Christmases have passed.