If you haven’t seen the video, take a look at A Magazine is an iPad That Does Not Work. In this video, a one-year old tries to use a magazine like an iPad.
Here’s why a photo book is not a broken iPad:
- Photo books work fine without batteries.
- You don’t have to log in to see your photo book.
- There are no in-App purchases to take your money.
- You don’t need to update the operating system to look at your photo book.
- Your photo book wasn’t made in China.
- The screen won’t break. (Search broken iPad on Google Images to see what I mean.)
- Nobody wants to steal you photo book.
- You don’t need to buy a new photo book every two years.
- Photo books don’t require you to sign a contract.
- You don’t get an outrageous bill if you spend too many minutes on your photo book.
For more on tablets versus paper see Scientific American’s The Reading Brain in the Digital Age: The Science of Paper versus Screens.