Here are some interesting facts from the Infotrends PhotoPublishing Summit and Digital Imaging Conference that I just attended in San Francisco:
- 79% of digital photos taken are not printed.
- 8% of consumers order photo gifts, including photo books, each year.
- 39% of consumers have lost some (30%) or all (9%) of their digital images due to a hard disk crash, virus, or accidental deletion.
- Facebook has over 14 billion photos, with 2 billion photos uploaded each month.
- 70% of Facebook users don’t know that Facebook saves only low-resolution photos!
- The average digital camera user takes 116 photos in 3 months.
- The difference between professional and amateur photographers is that the pros only show you the good ones.